Books for Parents Launching a Baby's Adoption: Practical Strategies for Parents and Professionalsby Patricia Irwin JohnstonPerspectives Press; 1998Patricia Johnston addresses the question every parent has about bonding after adoption. After reading this book, you'll feel confident that your new relationship with the infant you've adopted is on track and that your baby will have the best possible start in life. A must-read for every parent, or soon-to-be parent, of a baby adopted under age one. >>>
- Adoptive Families BookstoreRead over five years' worth of book reviews, selected by the editors of AF and reviewed by parents like you.
- Best Books for New Adoptive ParentsSelected by the editors of Adoptive Families magazine.
- Myths and Realities of Adoption (pdf) A handy reference in Q&A format, perfect for sharing with others.
- Positive Adoption Language (pdf)
- How to Be an Adoption Advocate (pdf) How to educate and enlighten others about the facts of adoption.
- Health Insurance for Adopted Children: It's the Law (pdf) Discrimination by insurance carriers against adopted children is prohibited in most situations. A handout for parents -- and their insurance companies.
- Adoptive Families home page
- Best Websites for New Adoptive Parents Selected by the editors of Adoptive Families magazine.
- American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Adoption and Foster Care
- National Adoption Information Clearinghouse
Read more great articles like this at Adoptive Families magazine. Subscribe online and receive a free gift!